Monday, August 8, 2011

weekend catch up and a date day to die for.....

          Time to catch up! I had a wonderful weekend with my step daughters! Saturday we went to a wedding vow renewal for a friend of mine. After it was off to celebrate tax free weekend! I bought my girls some back to school clothes! Since the small town of Lawrenceburg only has a Walmart and a Goodwill for clothes shopping, we hit up thse 2 stores. With a little over $100, these girls got 5 pairs of pants, 2 skirts, 4 pairs of leggings, 2 dresses, and 19 shirts! I felt like I was queen of shopping!! After it was time to go home and cook supper for my super hungry husband and father-in-law! Chili dogs for the win! Sunday the girls went home and I got some much needed cleaning done! :) My bedroom is absolutely spotless and close to beautiful! :) Needs some more pictures and paint!! :)

         Today I spent the day with my wonderful husband...
We live in the small town of Lawrenceburg, so we drove about 45 minutes North to the strip mall of Spring Hill, TN. There we were did some real shopping with some gift cards we had left over from our wedding! :) Couldn't get any better than this! I love giftcards about as much as I love shopping!
We bought several items for our house and even got him a new little toy for his computer. Very happy with our purchases and as I am writing this, I am editing some pictures for our 16 new picture frames! :)  So I figure I would write in here and post some pictures from my day. We enjoyed a little romantic lunch at Olive Garden.


Joey enjoyed his chicken parmesan. And I enjoyed my chicken flatbread. Of course Little Joey Bear (good luck charm) was pictured with it.
         
    
Haha! I'll have to explain Joey Bear another time. He's just a silly little buddy that I keep in my purse and has been many places with me and Joey.

       Such a simple day was wonderful. I feel so blessed to be with such a wonderful man. Life doesn't get much better than what I have. A car ride alone is all we need to have a good time. I feel like some of our best memories are just driving around! The car ride back we laughed as we picked on each other and then planned more of what to do with our new purchases. We adore life and have so much in store in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment